Wednesday, March 5, 2008

An Open Letter From Congressional District 4 Democratic Candidate, Jay McGovern

Below is the text of an email I received from the Duval County Democratic Party announcing Jay McGovern's candidacy against Ander Crenshaw. Jay is asking for petition signatures to get him on the ballot this November. I was unable to paste the actual petition, but if you email me I'd be happy to forward it to you. (Or you can always call him for a petition.)

Jay was at a Barack gathering last night that I missed, but friends who were there and had a chance to meet him were highly impressed and came away feeling that he will make a worthy and strong challenger to Ander's not-so-safe seat.

I'll continue to post McGovern events as I hear of them and hopefully we'll be getting him to speak at an upcoming DPC gathering.

Jay McGovern, Democrat, for Congress
Congressional District 4

To: All faithful DEMOCRATS in Congressional District 4


As many of you know, I have filed to run for Congress in the 4th district. I believe it's time for change and it's time to take back our country. Today, I am asking for your support and to help me make a stronger, safer and more respected America a reality.

It's time to collect petitions so we can be listed on the ballot for the November 2008 election. I want to ask that you take a few minutes to print and complete the attached petition form. We need 4430 petitions by the end of this March. Asking five or more of your friends, relatives, co-workers or neighbors to complete a petition card this week will help ensure we make the ballot. I truly appreciate your help. You are welcome to contact me with any questions or comments at 904-626-9618. Let's try to get 1500 this week through this electronic grassroots effort. I look forward to working with you in the future.

Sincerely,


Jay McGovern

No comments: